Travel the world with Alfie and his crew members Jude and Ben

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Life in Portugal!!!!!

Hello all, well, it's certainly been a while..... I've been living in Portugal since September 2006, after another brief period of travelling with benny in August of last year, we had a leisurely drive through france and the north of Spain, through the Picos de Europa, lovely.

I'm living with lyla and two other teachers in Vila Nova de Famalicao. I've settled into my life here, i'm learning portuguese and i have made some good friends. I'm very lucky to be living with 2 lovely people, gine and stuart, we're the ONLY three english people of the town, so you can imagine how much we stand out.

Lots of family and a few friends have been over, with more to come over the next few weeks... we had carnival here a few weeks ago, it had to be the craziest site i've ever seen..... i was a "fada", a faerie.

My life is quite simple, getting my veg from the market, reading my book and drinking coffee in my local cafe, not to mention consuming a ridiculous amount of gooey cakes. Im really enjoying the teaching side of it too, i've got some little stars in my classes. Kate harris and i have also set up a pen friend scheme between our schools, so that's quite fun.

I've included some pix for you, taken by kate on her visit.

KEep in touch kids, take it easy, jude xxxxx

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pics? Can't find them..

10:24 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home